Bold Spanish Rice2014-04-23
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
This quick and easy recipe features dried vegetables which intensify the flavors. This makes a great side dish but can be used as a base for a fried rice-style main dish.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped dried onion
- 1/3 cup chopped dried bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped dried tomatoes
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil; simmer for 10 minutes.
We just published an article on the benefits of dried vegetables, and how they can add a new dimension to vegetarian cooking. See the article here: Benefits of Drying Vegetables and Fruits